Let it be this.
Marketing, I’d rather avoid it!
Does the thought of working on marketing activities for your business get you down? There’s always something more urgent or exciting to tackle.
Or perhaps you don’t know where to start. You’ve come across some good marketing ideas and could see how they might work for your business but…you don’t know where to begin?
Or maybe you know what you’d like to do but just run out of time.
Can you relate to any of these scenarios? Are you getting frustrated because in the end nothing gets done?
Please, don’t worry. You are not alone. I love creating marketing campaigns and working out the best way to see them come to life, but I know for many this is not so.
So my advice to you is to pick one marketing activity and commit to it.
If you only do one marketing activity… write an article each month.
It ticks so many marketing boxes.
- The article keeps your website up-to-date. Google loves this.
- It’s great for SEO. Your article helps internet searchers to find you.
- Your article demonstrates your expertise, showing potential customers that you understand their issues and can help them.
- Including a testimonial in your article reassures the reader that you’ll do a great job for them too. It builds trust in you.
And this is the clever bit…
5. You’ve created an opportunity to share something new.
The ripple effect
I call this the ripple effect. Imagine your article is the stone that you throw into the pond. The ripples are the spreading of your knowledge to your target audience through social media and word of mouth.
Once you’ve uploaded your article on your website now it’s oh so easy to set the ripple effect going. For instance:
- Send an eNewsletter to your contacts introducing the topic of your latest article with a link to your website to read more.
- Share on Twitter with a link back to your website
- Update your Facebook page with a link back to your website
- Update your LinkedIn status
- Update your LinkedIn company page
- Add the article (with a minor change) as a post and publish on LinkedIn
- Share a link to the article in LinkedIn groups you belong to
- If you are a member of a networking group or business club perhaps they will publish your article too
- Use the topic as your 60 seconds introduction at networking meetings
- Send a follow up email after networking meetings to those you’ve chatted to about the latest article.
Your turn! These are just a few ideas. Grow the list by adding in the comments box below how you share your blogs and guide interested people back to your website.
Why bother writing articles for your website?
Now you can see how all these opportunities to share your expertise and add value to your contacts have come just from writing one article.
It helps you to stand head and shoulders above your competitors, because you’re showing that you really know your subject and are willing to freely share your knowledge. This generosity is highly attractive to your ideal customers.
Stay front of mind
It takes time for people to fully understand how you can help them. When they first come across you and your business, it may not be quite the right time for them to engage your services or buy your products, but this marketing activity gives you a means to stay on their radar until the time is right.
Perpetual lead generator
Once you’ve created your own timetable and process for writing a monthly article and sharing the content, it becomes a solid marketing activity that will generate leads for you month after month after month. And that is the best reason of all!
So what’s stopping you?
- You don’t know what to write about
- Take a look at my marketing tip Inspiration for writing articles
- You don’t feel confident about writing
- How about a video blog? Or
- Email me requesting my 4 step guide to writing a blog article.
- You want to learn how to implement this marketing activity yourself
- Take a look at Attractive Marketing Coaching (just one session could get you up and running)
- You don’t have the time but would like to implement this marketing activity
- Take a look at Attractive eNewsletter package. Great value for money!
Now what’s holding you back?
If you would like to implement this marketing activity each month and there’s still a reason that’s holding you back, let’s have a chat and see if we can work it out. Call me on 07565 382803 or contact me.